Our earth, our tomorrow
222 million units of electric and electronic equipment are put into the market every year. It is one of the fastest growing waste streams in the EU constituting 4% of all municipal waste today and increasing by 16 - 28% every five years.
Goods that aren't recycled end up in a landfill site and can have negative impacts on air, soil and water therefore reducing the quality of the environment we live in, this can also have a negative impact on human health.
What are we doing?
At Diginet we take environmental protection seriously and we are proactive in reducing our impact on the environment in many ways including:
- Compliance with WEEE Regulations
- Recycling all cardboard, paper and packaging materials from new equipment
- Recycling consumables via manufacturers' recycling programmes
- Disposing of old equipment safely and also distribution to developing countries via the trade Rebuilding and re-manufacturing machines returned to us for re-sale, see our ‘Green Machines' feature
- Supplying equipment that is Energy Star-accredited Suppling equipment that is produced from recycled materials (where possible)
- For every 100,000 prints or copies you produce on one of our machines, we plant a tree on your behalf to neutralize any carbon emissions and to replenish the tree stock
- Through the deployment of Print Audit, we ensure that in supplying new systems, we assist you in reducing print wastage.
With all our products we ensure that we only deal with manufacturers who are also fully committed to the environment. We look for toxic free materials, limited ozone and noise emission from equipment, and low toner production.
A site can visit to validate our claims can be facilitated at any time.
Please e-mail email@example.com for our Environmental Policy